Thursday, November 17, 2005



The Marketing Blitzkrieg Vol.1

So marketing your own book is really difficult, but I'm getting into it. You have to start small and snowball it from there. I'm still in the small stage. Yesterday around noon I gave a talk at the local high school, Westwood Regional, about writing and publishing etc. There were about 30 kids and 5 teachers present. They gave me an incredible welcome and had a lot of appreciation for me coming in. All in all it was pretty successful. Before I started, one of the kids introduced himself and told me that I graduated with his uncle, so that made me feel pretty old! The head of the English Department, Mrs. Cella, also happened to be my 7th grade English teacher many moons ago, which made me feel even older! But I had such a good time, I think I'm going to contact other schools and see if I can continue this.

Maggie, a reporter from the local community paper Community Life, was there also. She had interviewed me on the previous Friday and wanted to attend the talk and put it in the article. Her profile on me as a local author should be coming out in a few weeks.

Another local paper, Pascack Press, actually ran an article this week that I contributed in return for a byline about me and my book. They weren't super cooperative and they hacked up my article so much there was blood flowing. Oh well, at least they spelled my name and website right!

And... I just learned last night that you can also purchase my book at AMAZON and BARNES & NOBLE. So I'm really psyched about that.

Not only am I now on Amazon and BN, but you can Google me too! I feel so... so VALIDATED! Now go out and buy my book and support the local arts and feel validated too.

The Marketing Blitz continues... stay tuned.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Counters